Coronavirus and JT Ellis Update – 17th March 2020
Further to our last message on this subject, we would like to reassure our customers, suppliers and employees of our ongoing commitment to your business and reassure you that our number one priority in these challenging times is to protect the health of everyone within and associated to the JT Ellis family.
As a result of the ongoing spread of Covid-19, and with early foresight we introduced the following measures to ensure the continuity of service for all our kitchen, bathroom and bedroom customers across the UK.
- Hand sanitisation has been installed at all site entrances and exits
- We have split the location of people within business critical departments in the business to minimise risk and ensure continued operation in the event of infection
- We are increasing home-working wherever possible
- For those not wishing to work from home, our offices remain open and will continue to do so.
- Trips, visits and events - we have suspended all unnecessary supplier and event visits, and encourage all customers and sales staff to engage in calls rather than face to face meetings
- All our manufacturing facilities, distribution and administrative functions remain fully operational and as normal your deliveries are guaranteed. We are taking safeguarding measures outlined above to protect the health and wellbeing of our colleagues throughout our business.
- Our raw material stock levels are high and our robust supply chains are working as normal currently. Almost all our raw materials are sourced from within the UK and we have alternative options should any of the key supply chains be disrupted.
- Our factory has moved to a shift programme in order to minimise direct and close quarter contact.
- Our factory has available capacity and we’re ready to help wherever required. If we could make hospital ventilators rest assured, we would.
- Drivers and site personnel are operating as usual within site and government advice.
- We request that you place orders in the usual quantity and consistency, If you wish to place bulk orders this can be accommodated through discussion with your main Ellis contact as early as possible.
- If your company has introduced special measures or restrictions with goods-in we request you immediately inform us in order to avoid delays on site.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. We are making every effort to continue to maintain our high service levels throughout our operations. We hope you are keeping safe and well, and that your business continues without undue disruption during these very challenging socio-economic circumstances.
Please keep healthy and look after each other.